This site uses cookies. Some may have been set already. You can read our privacy policy here.
Please click the button to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept the cookies anyway.
AFC Telford United Logo

Guiseley 1 - 1 AFC Telford United

Match Date: 11/8/2018
Competition: National League North
Kick Off: 15:00
Attendance: 504

Andre Brown76
Opposition Own Goals: 0

Team Sheet
Sheridan Martinez
Ross White
Ryan Sears
Ellis Deeney
Shane Sutton
Theo Streete
Henry Cowans
James McQuilkin
Amari Morgan-Smith
Daniel Udoh
Darryl Knights

Zak Lilly

Adam Dawson
Jonathan Royle ( Replaced Henry Cowans, 60 mins)
Andre Brown ( Replaced Daniel Udoh, 72 mins)
Matthew Barnes-Homer

Ellis DeeneyY

Referee: Paul Brown
Assistant 1: Jamies Rhodes
Assistant 2: Benjamin Tomlinson
Official 4: n/a

The Bucks brought home a point from their trip to Nethermoor, but will perhaps reflect that it could have been three.

Gavin Cowan’s side had Sheridan Martinez in goal, owing to Max Bramley requiring 17 stitches in a head wound following the goalless draw at Kidderminster. He had to be alert on 10 minutes, coming out to the feet of Reece Thompson at the near post as the forward tried to reach Kaine Felix’s right-wing cross. Scott Garner headed a free-kick onto the roof of the net, and then Thompson had the best chance of the half on 37 minutes, unable to control his header from another Felix cross, putting the effort wide. The Bucks weren’t being dominated, and the back four, marshalled well by Shane Sutton and Theo Streete, were keeping Guiseley at bay.

HALF TIME: Guiseley 0 AFC Telford United 0

It was the home side again who were making the best use of the ball early in the second half, albeit without looking likely to score; however, as Gavin Cowan and opposite number Marcus Bignot began to make substitutions the game opened up.

Darryl Knights looked to have spurned a glorious chance on 70 minutes, when Jon Worsnop stopped his low shot after he was given a run on goal. Just over five minutes later, the Bucks were ahead; Streete did magnificently to prevent Rowan Liburd advancing on Martinez, and from the clearance substitute Andre Brown found himself in a race for the ball with Worsnop. The keeper met the forward just inside the box and the contact, though not much, was enough – penalty. Brown beat Worsnop for a second time, from the spot, and the Bucks led.

Cowan’s men were looking good for the win when, on 89 minutes, the otherwise impeccable Sutton sliced a clearance; Guiseley substitute Curtis Morrison picked it up, ran at the defence on the left and his cross-shot was touched home. Morrison was credited with it, although it looked to hit either the Lions’ Paul Clayton or possibly even Sutton himself on its way into the net.

The Bucks, a little deflated, rode out the added time and accepted their point. On balance, it was probably a fair reflection, but oh, so close…

Guiseley: Worsnop, Moyo, Heaton, James (Dyche 42), Garner, Halls, Purver (Clayton 81), Hatfield, Liburd, Thompson (Morrison 74), Felix.

Substitutes: Thornton, Odejayi.

Bookings: Thompson, Garner.

Scorer: Morrison (89)

AFC Telford United Ltd - Registered in England and Wales No. 05138735

New Bucks Head Stadium - Watling Street - Wellington - Telford - TF1 2TU

Tel: 01952 640064
Fax: 01952 640021


© Copyright AFC Telford United Limited

Disclaimer | Privacy Notice